Learn To Skate
Learn-To-Skate at World Ice Arena!
Since it’s debut in the beginning of 2009, World Ice Arena’s Skating School has enrolled over 3,500 skaters of varying ages and levels. Our Skating School follows the ISI weSKATE curriculum, which is used worldwide and provides a logical progression of skill development. Skills learned in each level build on the preceding ones, making skating fun and rewarding for all participants! This program is a prerequisite for Figure Skating and Hockey programs.
The skating instructors are accomplished skaters and coaches in all areas of skating including freestyle, ice dance, pairs, moves in the field, synchronized skating, and hockey. We are passionate about our sport and have tons of experience training skaters as young as 3 years of age up through adults, creating a challenging, positive, fun environment to help skaters achieve their goals on the ice.
Many skaters trained through our program have moved into figure skating programs, performing solos in shows and participating in competitions. Others train to get basic skills necessary to join our hockey leagues and clinics. Whatever your personal skating goals are, World Ice Arena’s Learn-to-Skate program will help you reach them!
The World Ice Arena is pleased to offer recreational skating lessons for
ages 4 through adult.
***PLEASE NOTE: Some levels are more difficult and may take a skater
more than 7 weeks to complete. Certificate of participation is given out
on the last day of class.***
Please view class schedule and times for a complete list.
Stop by during Public Session Hours to register!
Or download an Enrollment Form and fax it to us at 718-760-9008.
What is included?
- One 1/2 hr. lesson per week for 7 weeks
- Skate Rental on the day of your class.
- Public Skate Admission on the day of your class
- We accept all major credit cards and cash.
We do NOT accept personal checks.
• All Learn-to-Skate Participants must be a current member of ISI.
• We do NOT accept registration during the first week of classes.
• There will be a $15 processing fee for applications submitted after due date registration.
• All TOT level skaters must wear a helmet.
• All students must wear gloves or mittens.
• All applicants must pay tuition in advance.
• All students must wear their nametag to class each week.
• There is a $5 fee to replace nametags that are lost or left home.
• We do not offer refunds, credits, or make-up classes.
• The World Ice Arena reserves the right to change or cancel the time or day of class.
• If fewer than four children are enrolled in a class, it may be cancelled or combined with another class.
• There will be a maximum of twelve students per class.
• During the first two weeks of class our professional staff will evaluate skaters based on age and ability.
•Please note that a parent or guardian of all skaters under 18 must be present in the rink during class time. This is very important in the event that a skater needs to leave the ice for any reason. World Ice Arena is not responsible for childcare in their absence.