Learn to Skate
Our Learn to Skate classes are perfect for everyone! Whether it is your first time on the ice, or you are a seasoned skater looking to develop more advanced skills, we have a class for you! We offer one day per week and two days per week classes. Each class will meet for 30 minutes.
When you sign up for classes, the General Skating session following class is FREE! Just show your name tag for admission!
Class Offerings: Parent and Me, Snowplow Sam 1-2, Basic 1-6, Fast Track Adults 1-6, (NEW CLASSES!)WIA Academy, Fast Track to Figure Skating, Moves in the Field, Adult Academy and Youth Hockey Classes (Beginner and Elite).
Click here for class descriptions
Check out our 2022-23 Fall Brochure!
Learn to Skate Class Schedule
|Parent and Me! (Ages 2-3)||10:30-11:00am (parent must have prior skating experience)||10:30-11:00am (parent must have prior skating experience)|
|Snowplow Sam 1 (Ages 4-5)||3:45-4:15pm||5:30-6:00 pm||10:30-11:00 am||11:00-11:30 am|
|Snowplow Sam 2 (Ages 4-5)||3:45-4:15pm (Must pass Snowplow Sam 1)||5:30-6:00 pm (Must pass Snowplow Sam 1)||10:30-11:00 am (Must pass Snowplow Sam 1)||11:00-11:30 am(Must pass Snowplow Sam 1)|
|Basic 1 (Ages 6 and up)||4:15-4:45 pm||5:30-6:00 pm or 6:00-6:30 pm||10:30-11:00 am or 11:00-11:30 am||10:30-11:00 am or 11:00-11:30 am|
|Basic 2 (Ages 6 and up)||4:15-4:45 pm||5:30-6:00 pm or 6:00-6:30 pm (Must pass Snowplow Sam 1)||10:30-11:00 am or 11:00-11:30 am(Must pass Snowplow Sam 1)||10:30-11:00 am or 11:00-11:30 am(Must pass Snowplow Sam 1)|
|Basic 3 (Ages 6 and up)||4:15-4:45 pm||5:30-6:00 pm or 6:00-6:30 pm||10:30-11:00 am or 11:00-11:30 am||10:30-11:00 am or 11:00-11:30 am|
|Basic 4 (Ages 6 and up)||6:30-7:00pm||11:30 am-noon||11:30 am-noon|
|Basic 5-6 (Ages 6 and up)||6:30-7:00pm||11:30 am-noon||11:30 am-noon|
|Fast Track Adults 1-2 (Ages 14 and up)||9:00-9:30 am or 6:30-7:00 pm||11:30 am-noon||11:30 am-noon|
|Fast Track Adults 3-4 (Ages 14 and up)||9:00-9:30 am or 6:30-7:00 pm||11:30 am-noon||11:30 am-noon|
|Fast Track Adults 5-6 (Ages 14 and up)||6:30-7:00 pm||11:30 am-noon||11:30 am-noon|
|WIA Academy (Pre-Free Skate and up)||5:30-6:20pm lesson 6:20-6:50pm Practice||9:00-9:50am Lesson 9:50-10:20am Practice|
|Fast Track to Figure Skating (Basic 4 and up)||5:30-6:20pm lesson 6:20-6:50pm Practice||9:00-9:50am Lesson 9:50-10:20am Practice|
|Moves in the Field (WIA Academy Skaters)||6:20-6:50 pm||9:50-10:20am|
|Adult Academy (Ages 16 and up)||6:20-6:50 pm||9:50-10:20am|
|Off Ice (Fast Track, WIA Academy Skaters only)||4:45-5:15pm||8:15-8:45am|
|Youth Hockey Classes (Ages 4 and up)|
|Elite||5:45-6:45 pm||9:20-10:20 am|
LEARN TO SKATE USA MEMBERSHIP
• All Learn-to Skate participants must be current members of Learn to Skate USA. All participants must register/renew at www.learntoskateusa.com for Learn to Skate Membership. This membership runs from 7/1/-6/30 each year, regardless of the time of registration.
• The annual fee is $16 plus the applicable processing and handling fee $1.25.
• With your annual fee, you will receive secondary sports accident insurance.
Click here to Register for Learn to Skate USA Membership
Prepare: Helmets and First Day of Skating
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All participants must register/renew Learn to Skate USA membership before signing up for any classes. Participants without a valid Learn to Skate USA membership are not permitted on the ice.
- All participants must pay tuition in advance. We do not offer payment plans, refunds, or credits.
- Registration must be submitted by the deadline. There is a $15 late registration fee. We do not accept registration on the first day of class.
- Parents of skaters of any age are not permitted on the ice if they are not registered for a class.
- Missed classes cannot be transferred to another session, rescheduled, credited or refunded for any reason (including due to COVID-19 and/or quarantining) unless canceled by World Ice Arena. Your registration guarantees you a space in the class regardless of your attendance.
- There will be a maximum of 10 to 12 students per class. Consecutive levels may be combined if less than 3 students register per class. If less than 3 skaters are enrolled in a class, it may be canceled.
- World Ice Arena reserves the right to change or cancel the time or day of class.
- A parent or guardian of all skaters under 18 must be present in the rink during class time. World Ice Arena is not responsible for childcare in the absence of a guardian.
- A nametag is only valid when used by the person to whom it is registered. Any breach of this term will entitle World Ice Arena to demand the surrender and cancellation of the remaining classes with no refund issued.
- Names tags serve as your admission to class and must be worn to all classes. Be sure to bring your name tag to every class. There is a $5 fee for name tags that are lost or forgotten.
- Pack gloves, thin socks, and warm, comfortable clothing that allows for unrestricted movement.
- A helmet (bicycle or ski) is required to be worn to every group class for participants ages 10 and under. World Ice Arena does not provide helmets. Skaters without a helmet will not be permitted on the ice.
Sign up: Online Registration
For questions and more information, contact:
email@example.com or call 718-760-9001 ext. 7002
Learn to Skate USA is endorsed by U.S. Figure Skating, USA Hockey, US Speed skating, and the Special Olympics.