Build on what you learned in the Basic Skills program and make the transition to figure skating. With coaches who’ll focus on quality and skill mastery, learn progressive skating skills, spins and jumps plus artistry on ice. For graduates of Pre-Free Skate.
Each class is 50 minutes of instruction followed by a 30-minute freestyle session to practice what you’ve learned. Classes on Thursday and Sunday; take one class or both!
Pre-Free Skate (New This Fall)
A 30-minute transitional class that will bridge the divide from Basic 6 to the WIA Academy, providing an introduction to jumps, spins and moves in the field. Saturday mornings at 11:30 am.
Cardio, core and flexibility, jump techniques for WIA and Adult Academy, Fast Track to Figure Skating students. Sunday mornings, to prep skaters for on-ice practices.
Fast Track to Figure Skating
An introduction to figure skating for Basic 5-6 students. Skate once or twice a week to speed up your progress. Classes are 50 minutes of instruction followed by a 30-minute freestyle session to practice what you’ve learned. Thursdays and Sundays; take one class or both!
· All Learn to Skate and Hockey class participants must be current members of Learn to Skate USA. All participants must register / renew each year at learntoskateusa.com. Membership runs from 7/1-6/30 in any given year.
· Skaters are not permitted on the ice without current Learn to Skate USA membership.
· Annual fee is $16 plus $1.25 processing and handling, regardless of when skater is enrolled, and includes secondary sports accident insurance.
Terms and Conditions
• Class registration is online only. Go to worldice.com to set up an account.
• Tuition must be paid in advance. No payment plans, credits or refunds.
• All skaters must have a current Learn to Skate membership. Go to learntoskateusa.com to register or renew.
• $15 late fee with registration submitted after stated deadline. Same day walk-in or call-in registration not permitted.
• World Ice Arena reserves the right to change or cancel the day or time of any given class. Maximum 10-12 students per class. Levels may be combined if fewer than three skaters are registered for a given class.
• Name tags will be given to, and must be worn by, all registered class participants during each class. A $5 fee will be charged for all lost or forgotten name tags.
• A name tag is not transferrable. Any breach of this term will entitle World Ice Arena to demand surrender and cancellation of the remaining classes, with no refund issued.
• Using your name tag and on the day of your class, skaters may practice on a public session for free during the semester in which they’re enrolled. (No jumps or spins on a public session.)
Please be sure of your purchase, as we do not offer refunds, credits or transfers.
Missed activities, reservations or sessions of any kind cannot be transferred to another session, rescheduled, credited or refunded for any reason (including due to COVID-19 and/or quarantining) unless cancelled by World Ice Arena. Your registration guarantees you a space in the sessions regardless of your attendance.
Questions? Need more information? Contact the Skating School at email@example.com or call 718-760-9001 ext.7002